Our little one is now 15 months and we are still breastfeeding on demand. Breastfeeding makes me hungry, always. It's like filling a tank that's never full. And there are so many days that I wanted to skip a meal and go into a (crash) diet. But then that would mean to lessen my calorie intake and will surely affect my milk supply. But that would be too precious to give up! I will never do anything that will compromise my milk supply, though our little one is eating solids now I just don't think that we're ready to give up bf-ing yet. I am loving every moment of it. 

Once I said to myself, "I thought breastfeeding will make you lose weight? What the eff happened to me?!" I guess it just doesn't happen to everyone. Unlucky me! I have to admit though that I lost a couple of pounds during the first few months when we had him but I started gaining back because I wasn't able to handle the hunger pangs that well. I was always hungry it makes me mad! I am still planning to shed those extra pounds I am carrying. I've been eating healthy, added lots of fruits and veggies in my diet. I really need to exercise though. I think that's what I needed the most to achieve my weight loss dilemma. There are just too many things to consider while breastfeeding and it overwhelms me!

How about you mommy, did breastfeeding help you lose weight?

0 Comments