Breastfeeding changed my clothing preference. It ruled out a lot of my old clothes. I remember coming home from the hospital and a dreadful thought dawn upon me. Majority of my clothes don’t fit anymore and my tops weren’t ideal for breastfeeding!

I breastfeed in public places and Peterson’s not very comfortable seeing his wife’s breast exposed to public! Not literally, but he’s still uncomfortable even if I show just a little skin on that area. So whenever it’s baby’s cue for feeding, we ran back to the car to feed him or worst we just go head back home, which is a little frustrating.

From then on, I wear discreet clothes/top, and anything that’s easy for breastfeeding, especially in public. Now that I’ve been breastfeeding, I always keep this phrase in mind “Feed on the go discreetly and with ease” whenever purchasing new clothes. I nurse in the car, in the mall, in restaurants, but I always do it discreetly. Thank God for nursing bras and breastfeeding tops! They make my breastfeeding journey so much easier!

Recently, I’m eyeing on nursing covers. With it, I won’t have to worry too much about what I’m going to wear. Below is a style board from MakingItLovely.com that would help us choose what clothing to wear for nursing moms like me! :)



photo courtesy of
http://makingitlovely.com/2011/02/08/nursing-fashion-guide/

1. Women’s Roll-Up Button-Front Top 2. Finesun Henley 3. ban.do Heart Clip/Brooch 4. Double Bow Ring 5. Studio Diaper Tote 6. Everyday Jersey Dress 7. Women’s Shirt Dress 8. Sumi-e Scape Top 9. Striped Ruffle Shirt 10. Maternity Emerald Wash Modern Slim Jeans (wear your maternity jeans postpartum until you can fit into regular clothes again) 11. Leading Lady Nursing Chemise 12. The Body Silk Seamless Nursing Bra 13. The Essential Nursing Tank 14. Multifunction Rose Gold Tone White Dial Watch

3 Comments

Joanna said…
Mads, you can try covering yourself (or portion lang na matabunan imong pag breastfeed kay baby) while in public. Sa NCCC naa yata sila'y area for breastfeeding moms (not sure if naa pa tu). Ako sauna di sad comfy si Jonel ana nga idea, but I always do that before kay Jasper hehehe. Try it! Cover2x lang. ;)
Bojoy said…
Oo mads. :) Krn kay shawl na akong dala2x pang cover, sauna ky mtaranta pa. :D karon, mejo getting better na. hihihi Takes time and practice.

Salamat sa pag agi ug comment mads! :)
Bojoy said…
This comment has been removed by the author.